5 Ways to Get Your Smile Summer Ready
Wednesday May 27, 2015 by Melissa Brown, DDS
You have probably finished your spring-cleaning, you may be in the process of updating your wardrobe, but what about getting your smile ready for the summer? It is important that you know what to do get those pearly whites sparkling just in time for vacation season! Here are the best smile tips we can offer you this summer:
WHAT IS A SUMMER SMILE?
I am sure you are wondering, “What exactly is a summer smile?” When you think of summer time, what comes to mind? Bright colors, happiness, and yes, a lot of smiling! A summer smile is simply a bright, healthy smile. Because smiles are contagious, it is important that those pearly whites are healthy, and the best way to maintain a healthy smile is through proactive dental care.
THE BEST SUMMER SMILE TIPS
So now that you know what a summer smile is, let’s get down to the basics of how to maintain and take care of your smile.
• In order to maintain your healthy smile, it is important that you maintain or begin regular dental check-ups. It is recommended that you visit your dentist for cleanings and exams every six months.
• In order to avoid yellowing or staining of the teeth, cut back on drinking red wine, coffee, teas, and sodas. If you are a cigarette smoker, this also causes yellowing of the teeth, so it is recommended that you also avoid that or quit if possible.
• Teeth whitening is a procedure that any dentist can do these days. There are even over-the-counter home whitening kits available at your local drugstore or pharmacy.
• Flossing is another great way to keep a beautiful summer smile. Flossing your teeth not only promotes healthy gums, but it also helps to remove unwanted food from in between your teeth. The last thing you need is for today’s lunch to take center stage in your picture!
• The last tip for your summer smile is to always keep some sort of mouth rinse on hand for quick after-meal rinsing. This not only helps to keep your teeth sparkling white, but it keeps your breath fresh and helps to prevent plaque buildup as well.
WHAT WE OFFER IN OFFICE
If you feel that your teeth are not in the best shape and need some whitening, we would love to help you out. Our office offers Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed as one of our treatments. This system is one of the most effective and easy ways to whiten your teeth. This treatment will allow the whitening treatment to be customized to you and your comfort. Within 45 minutes, you are walking out with brighter, whiter teeth just in time for your vacation, wedding, or any other camera-worthy moment!
Having a healthy smile is not only important for the summer time, but it is significant all year long as well. We know that with all the great summer time activities that take place, a camera is always nearby. You want to make sure that your smile is the very best!